Friday, 18 December 2015

Movie Review : Date A Live: Mayuri Judgement

To start off, my expectations for this movie was not very high and I definitely did not expect to be entertained much by the whole movie. Sure enough, I was right, but worst still, it didn't even meet my expectations. Although it didn't stray far from it. Still a little disappointed to spend what little money I have in my wallet to watch this. Also sorry to those following me (if there's anyone anyways) b'cuz I've been busy with life and its lemons. With this I shale start my review.

This is the poster after watching the movie. Looks cool so I took a picture of it :v

Summary
The movie is (suppose) to be about Mayuri and her judgment on Shido who take cares of all the spirits and make sure they are all happy. It starts by Shido seeing this rainbow orb in the sky (anyway he was assumed to be the only one that can see it besides Kurumi) and its made up of the spirit signatures of all of the sealed spirits. So he has to date all of them, individually. Pretty much end with Mayuri's judgement, which of course ends up in fighting somehow. Further than that is spoilers so have fun.

Review
Ugh... okay where do I start.... how about this. Not 10 minutes into the movie and there's already fan service given that's 3 minutes long.... Yeah.... okay I accepted it cuz its DAL after all. Still bad, cuz well, I'm a guy that's into the story, not boobs, boobs and more boobs, even if they're flat ones. (Okay maybe a little) But seriously, when I watch a movie I expect story before fan services, but this is straight off the bat, fan service.

Another thing I find bad, Miku. And turns out that one of the most annoying characters in the 2nd season of DAL, now she does the opening song for the movie. Great....... Yeah I really don't like her. Even now I don't like her. Although one thing was certain, her opening song wasn't too bad, I didn't really like it, but it wasn't really that bad this time... I think at least. So I'm between, "Ugh" (horrible)... and "hmm not bad".

Right now into the bad part, this may contain some spoilers. You have been advised.
So the storyline of the movie is as stated in the summary. It was suppose to be about Mayuri (the god like prettiness and her crazy powers) making a judgement whether Shido is worthy of protecting/sealing the spirits' powers. Which turns out, not to be what we expected. (or at least not what I expected) It went like this as stated in the Summary, Shido see big rainbow orb which no one else besides him and Kurumi can see, and it is filled with fragments of Spirit powers of all the spirits in the area. And the only way to make it disappear was to date each spirit individually without disturbance of any other spirits. Now, this was the problem. They literally showed all the dates which in actual fact was not even necessary. It was literally there for, also fan service (not the bikini thing but for variety of satisfaction of the fans). Cool, but pretty much all of us knows what's going to happen to each dates. So its pretty useless knowing. After all that, Mayuri appeared in front of Shido and talked with him saying that he has already proven himself worthy. When suddenly the thing inside the orb starts going on a rampage, captures Mayuri for "god knows what reason (actually I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know)", and starts blasting almost everything into smithereens. Skipping the fight part, then Mayuri cries and suddenly disappears and everyone is suddenly sad in the anime. I'm there like "Uhhhh am I suppose to feel something for Mayuri cuz.... I can't feel anything..."

Which is the major problem of the anime. Mayuri doesn't have enough character development. She literally just appears and disappears on every date that Shido goes to. Proving no such significance whatsoever to the storyline or her character or anything for that matter (except the fact that Mayuri is actually darn cute :v ). It literally feel like the developers have nothing better to do and just went... "Why not? Just throw it in there". They could have done better in my opinion like making Mayuri a dandere type of character, a little bit of background why we should feel about her and that would at the very LEAST make me feel a LITTLE, like VERY LITTLE sympathy for her disappearing. But no, that's not what happened.

Good, now that I'm done ranting about the bad thing, let's talk about the good thing. For one, the show inherited the Nanoha fight styles into the anime which, yup you guessed it, was at when Mayuri's.... Thing, whatever its called, went beserk. It was cool! Sad it didn't last very long. Also at least this time, EVERYONE (minus Kotori and Kurumi) fought the thing. But of course the one character that had to take all the spotlight of defeating the darn thing was.... Yup, the 1st spirit introduced into the anime itself, Tohka. Not going to say how she ended it, but she ended it. (Maybe with a little help from Kurumi as well as there was a small cutscene of it, but not sure) Still, this part was good. So thumbs up on this.

Next is obviously the soundtracks of the movie. Since when have you not seen me comment on soundtracks? :v Anyways, yeah it was good. The timing of some of it was cool, the how it sounds sometimes gave me goosebumps, and overall I liked it. So yeah, kudos to the soundtracks.

Finally Good thing, Tohka's date is one of the cutest date EVER. Not going to spoil it cuz it will surely make you laugh, although its already super obvious =p. Not only that, the last bit of thing I would like to say....

YOSHINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I just love how cute she is in the movie, and I'm pretty sure I won't stop liking her :v

As a conclusion. Don't waste your money on watching this in the cinema, although I'm pretty sure its long gone from there. But if you're really curious on what happens, just find your own means of watching the movie. I wouldn't recommend watching this at all. I was pretty disappointed by my own already lowered expectation for the movie, and its seriously low. Thanks for reading, stay awesome and have fun! =3

Recommended: No, just no. Unless you're just as curious as cat... or a bunny :v
Rating             : 5 of 10

Finally, a quote from the movie, the cutest one I've yet to get out of my head...
"Yoshi Yoshi Yoshino"! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment